happyME is a customer engagement program (‘CEP’) operated by BMA International EC, its subsidiaries, group companies and the companies under its management control (hereinafter referred to as ‘BMA’). BMA may also partner with other companies dealing in goods and/or services and include any or all such goods and/or services under the CEP (‘Program Partner’). A customer can qualify for the CEP by becoming a member (‘Member’). BMA has identified such stores where CEP is applicable (‘Approved Store(s)’). By signing up for CEP, a member unconditionally agrees to the terms & conditions mentioned below:
- 1.1 REGISTRATION a. Only one (1) membership per GSM phone number. b. The happyME membership commences when the mobile number has successfully synchronized with the happyME application and the customer has provided (mandatory) information through the App or by visiting www.happyME.ae
- 1.2 POLICY
- a.The membership is valid for life with no expiry or renewal required.
- b.b. This program is applicable only for retail purchases made across the Approved Stores in the UAE.
- c. The membership is non-transferable and can only be used by the authorized Member. d. Membership is free of any charges.
- e.The Member is responsible for informing BMA about any change in address or contact information.
- f. BMA shall save only the mobile number of the customer using the device while registering a member. But in any case, BMA shall not be responsible in any way whatsoever for any data loss, or corruption of data or its confidentiality or the likes of the customer. No claim of whatever nature in this regard, shall lie against BMA either by the customer or a third party.
- g. Benefits and offers made to members through the CEP may change or withdraw without prior intimation. BMA will not be responsible for any liability from such situations.
- h. Any misuse of the CEP shall be the sole responsibility of the Member and BMA will not be held responsible.
- i. Any loss of mobile or SIM card should be intimated to BMA immediately.
- 1.3 CANCELLATION
- a. A Member can cancel their membership by calling the call center for membership cancellation. If there are any unredeemed points in the Member’s account which sums up to an amount over AED 1, an e-voucher/gift voucher will be issued for the same.
- b.Membership rights are reserved with BMA and are subject to BMA's approval.
- c. A membership can be terminated in the event of (this is not an exhaustive list): • Failing to comply with these Terms & Conditions; or • Supplying any false or misleading information to BMA; or • Abusing any membership privileges; or • In case of death of a member; or • Under discretion of BMA for judicious reasons
- d.Where membership gets terminated in any of the aforementioned events, the points remaining in the account gets forfeited.
In order to earn points under CEP, a member shall make a valid retail purchase. A valid purchase is where a member purchases by paying cash or through debit/credit card. A valid purchase specifically excludes purchases made with a gift voucher.
3. POINTS SYSTEM
- 3.1 EARNING POINTS a. Rewards (points) can be earned by making valid purchases at Approved Stores. b. Rewards (points) given are 1% of the customers spend. c. BMA has the right to modify the manner in which points are earned and redeemed, including the number of points earned and the value of such points. BMA shall endeavor to notify the member of any changes in advance.
- 3.2 REDEEMING POINTS
- a. Points can be redeemed for an e-coupon (in case of smart phones) or a gift voucher (in case of other non-smart phones) only and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- b. Vouchers are non-transferable, except in a Group on the happyME app, where the admin can transfer it to any 1 member if they wish too. The voucher is non- transferable on a non-smart phone account.When a member changes their mobile number, in such case the member can cancel their existing registration under CEP and then transfer his/her accumulated points from one mobile number to another upon BMA’s approval.
- c. Points’ redemption will take place quarterly in the month of January, April, July and October every year in the form of a voucher/gift voucher/e-coupon.
- 3.3 CANCELLATION OF POINTS a. BMA reserves the right to deduct points rewarded on purchases which are subsequently refunded.
4. RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- 4.1 BMA reserves the right to modify, cancel or withdraw the terms and conditions at any point of time at BMA’s own discretion, which inter alia includes the right to withdraw or cancel any or all of the membership, refuse to award points, refuse the right to redeem points collected for any breach of these conditions or failure to pay for the purchases, without prior notice.
- 4.2 BMA will not be responsible for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, related to any technical faults or malfunction of the application.
- 4.3 BMA will not be responsible for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, related to any fraudulent use of the application.
- 4.4 BMA will not be responsible for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, resulting from termination or change of,or to the CEP or any of the facilities, benefits or arrangements which are made available to the members, including without limitation, Program Partners' withdrawal or the withdrawal or limiting of any such services, benefits or facilities.
- 5.1 BMA will not disclose the Member’s information to anyone outside BMA except where BMA is required or permitted to do so by law; to other companies who provide a service to BMA; or any successors in title to BMA’s business.
- 5.2 BMA will collect the Member’s personal information to:
- manage and improve the Customer Engagement Program
- administer the Member’s account
- understand the Member’s shopping behavior in order to develop and improve the products and services offered
- manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires
- 6.1 Any enquiries can be addressed to Call Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6.2 BMA’s decision on all matters pertaining to the Customer Engagement Program shall be final and binding on all the Parties.
- 6.3 These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the United Arab Emirates and any dispute may be referred to the Courts of the United Arab Emirates.